We are on the hunt for a talented and reliable Maintenance Technician to join our maintenance department. In this position, your chief responsibility is to preserve the excellent condition and functionality of our apartment communities. Your duties will include conducting quality assessments, performing repairs, maintaining inventory, and developing preventative maintenance procedures.
Our ideal candidate will be a jack-of-all-trades, able to perform general maintenance and routine repairs. Under direct supervision, the technician utilizes their general knowledge of maintenance procedures in HVAC systems, household plumbing, light electrical, and basic carpentry, tools and appliances. To excel in this position, you must be an outstanding problem-solver with exceptional communication and organizational skills.
Maintenance Technician responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Inspect buildings, equipment, and systems to identify any issues
- Repair faulty equipment units and damaged structures
- Asses heating and plumbing systems to guarantee functionality
- Plan and schedule repairs
- Conduct periodic quality checks on equipment and systems to ensure everything is up to standard
- Perform general maintenance tasks including landscaping, painting, and carpentry
- Maintain the inventory records for equipment and supplies
- Troubleshoots issues to determine necessary repairs
- Complete resident-requested repairs and services within the required time frame
- Perform general maintenance and cleaning of common areas, maintenance shop, trash removal, and snow removal (if applicable)
- Performs routine maintenance on building systems
- Cleans and assists with upkeep of the facilities
- Orders supplies and materials needed for repairs and maintenance
- Report any maintenance concerns for repairs on homes, communities and/or common areas to the supervisor
- Demonstrate the appropriate and safe use of standard hand and power tools, equipment and machinery
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Maintenance Technician Requirements:
- Valid driver's license and Motor Vehicle Record check to operate fleet vehicles
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- HVAC Certification preferred but not required
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar role.
- Basic computer skills (able to operate mobile devices, PC).
- Basic understanding of general maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Physically capable and available to work overtime including weekends, public holidays, and evenings.
- Effective problem-solving abilities.
- Operates in a safe manner
- Must be well- organized and have the ability to prioritize tasks
- Overtime and mileage reimbursement
- Health Insurance
- Employer paid life & ADD insurance
- 401(k) contribution match
- Paid time off
This employer participates in E-Verify
Simplifyy is an equal opportunity employer
* A one time sign-on bonus is available upon successful completion of a 60 day service requirement and will not be offered concurrently with Simplifyy's employee bonus referral program.