Simplifyy is seeking a Chief Operating Officer to help them position the business for its next chapter of growth. Simplifyy is an all-encompassing multifamily property management alternative, combining experienced staff members with our own proprietary software. We’re disrupting the multifamily industry with an innovative solution which provides a better resident experience and dramatically increased bottom line profits for multifamily owners.
As a successful candidate, you will be equally comfortable in the boardroom as rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty to solve problems. Your focus will be on results, while understanding that it takes a village to deliver them. You know how to marshal support for your plans, and your follow through is key to who you are.
- Are you driven by independent thinking and distinct goals to accomplish?
- Do you communicate directly and focus on the mission in front of you?
- Is managing by teaching, and leading through hands-on action your style?
- Are you motivated by a quick pace, and the execution of time sensitive projects?
If this describes you, then keep reading…
As Chief Operating Officer, you’ll execute the business plan and achieve financial results by leading, managing, and holding the team accountable for agreed upon goals and metrics. You’ll remove obstacles and barriers, manage major projects, standardize and systematize work, and integrate all major functions of the business.You’ll work with the CEO to filter and translate ideas into the functional plans of the business. The Chief Operating Officer will report to the CEO and have responsibility for managing all areas of the business including Sales, Marketing, Leasing, Resident Retention, Maintenance, Finance, Human Resources, and Technology.
As the Integrator, this person will function as the tie-breaker for the Leadership Team, is the glue for the organization, holds everything together, beats the drum (provides cadence), is accountable for the P&L results, executes the business plan, holds the Leadership Team accountable, and is the steady force in the organization.
The Integrator also creates organizational clarity, communication, and consistency; typically (but not always) operates more on logic; drives results; forces resolution, focus, team unity, prioritization and follow-through; is the filter for all of the Visionary’s ideas; harmoniously integrates the Leadership Team; and helps to remove obstacles and barriers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Partners with the CEO on short and long-term planning.
- Executes the business plan, achieving or exceeding planned P&L objectives.
- Owns the scorecard and leverage it to proactively identify issues.
- Leads, manages, and holds the leadership team accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments.
- Integrates all major operating functions of the business. Ensures everyone is rowing together in the same direction. Models the way, always working toward the greater good of the business.
- Resolves issues quickly and effectively - seeing real problems, being comfortable with conflict, calling out the problems, and solving the problems in a practical and healthy manner. Ensures the leadership team is healthy, functional, and cohesive.
- Ensures that everyone is truly following, and adhering to, the company’s core processes and operating system with consistency. Demonstrates effective project management and continuous improvement skills. Uses both skills to evolve our core processes.
- Dependably demonstrates a relentless obsession with values alignment, focus, simplicity, and clarity.
- Effectively collaborates with the CEO to remain aligned at all times. Maintains a high level of mutual respect with the CEO. Realizes the unique contributions and ideas that the CEO has and possesses an ability to filter and translate those ideas into functional plans for the company.
- Confirms that all key messages are properly and consistently cascaded across the organization. Inherently ensures that everyone is in the know. Verifies that a high level of effective communication exists throughout the organization.
- 5+ years of senior leadership experience in a business, preferably in technology.
- Recent experience at a small business or startup company
- Broad mix of start-up to medium sized companies is preferred.
- Has worked at a startup before, preferably a technology company.
- Has been part of and/or led a company to an exit (beneficial)
- Collaborative nature as demonstrated by management experience across multiple departments and disciplines.
- Highly analytical; able to make data-driven decisions and establish effective metrics.
- A “player-coach” who can both manage teams and get into the weeds when necessary.
- Lives in the Kansas City area or is willing to relocate.
- With True Grit - Do the right thing, whatever it takes.
- With Mastery & Focus - Always be learning & teaching.
- By Adulting - Act in the best interest of Simplifyy.
- By Pioneering Not Settling - Dare greatly, be a radical disruption.
What is an Integrator?