We are on the hunt for a talented and reliable Maintenance Technician to join our maintenance department. In this position, your chief responsibility is to preserve the excellent condition and functionality of our apartment communities. Your duties will include conducting quality assessments, performing repairs, maintaining inventory, and developing preventative maintenance procedures. Maintenance technicians will also have access to company fleet vehicles.
Our ideal candidate will be a jack-of-all-trades, with in-depth knowledge of maintenance procedures, HVAC systems, household plumbing, light electrical, and basic tools and appliances. To excel in this position, you must be an outstanding problem-solver with exceptional communication and organizational skills.
Maintenance Technician Responsibilities:
- Inspect buildings, equipment, and systems to identify any issues.
- Repair faulty equipment units and damaged structures.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance procedures.
- Manage heating and plumbing systems to guarantee functionality.
- Plan and schedule repairs.
- Conduct periodic quality checks on equipment and systems to ensure everything is up to standard.
- Perform general maintenance tasks including landscaping, painting, and carpentry.
- Maintain the inventory records for equipment and supplies.
Maintenance Technician Requirements:
- Valid driver's license
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- EPA Universal or Type II certified
- Building maintenance technology or relevant field experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Advanced understanding of general maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Physically capable and available to work overtime including weekends, public holidays, and evenings.
- Effective problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be well- organized and have the ability to prioritize tasks
Pay & Benefits:
- $20+ per hr, rate determined based on experience
- Overtime and mileage reimbursement
- Health Insurance
- Employer paid life & ADD insurance
- 401(k) contribution match
- Paid time off