We are on the hunt for a talented and reliable Property Maintenance and Construction Supervisor to join our maintenance department. In this position, your chief responsibility is to preserve the excellent condition and functionality of our apartment communities and homes. Your duties will include budgeting of repairs and oversight of local field teams along with other responsibilities listed below. Experience in leading maintenance teams is a plus. Strong maintenance background required and may be required to complete work orders when schedule permits
Our ideal candidate will be a jack-of-all-trades, with in-depth knowledge of maintenance/ construction procedures, HVAC systems, household plumbing, electrical, basic tools and appliances. To excel in this position, you must be an outstanding problem-solver with exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Inspect homes to create a scope of work that will be the basis of a budget
- Plan and schedule renovation projects for homes after residents move out
- Create and review budgets using provided budgeting tool
- Complete work order requests when needed or schedule permits
- Receive, process, and dispatch work order requests
- Manage a vendor base to complete assigned work orders and projects within the company’s expected pricing, quality, and timeframes
- Negotiate pricing on vendor-assigned work
- Self-complete work orders and small residential renovation projects in a professional manner
- Manage field team employees to complete work in a professional and timely manner
- Complete and submit change orders for variances to initial budget
- Manage the open work orders for the assigned area using the company’s software platform
- Update project and work order tracking systems
- Professionally handle and resolve resident issues involving work orders
- Review, approve, and submit invoices weekly
- Update the local management team on the status and progress on work orders and projects
- Communicate with the other property management team members on project completion status and upcoming move-in inspections
- Coach, train, build consensus, anticipate roadblocks, and motivate regional teams in all facets of efficient field operations
- Train regional field teams to ensure budgets are consistent with the quality and pricing standards for the market.
- Monitor upcoming project pipeline and delivery schedule to coordinate efforts across functional groups in the regions
- Provide reporting and data analysis on projects to next level management to influence changes for efficiency and best practices
- Assist with the creation and implementation of policies relating to all areas of field operations
- This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Reliable transportation
- A minimum of 5 years of residential maintenance and renovation experience
- Ability to read and produce reports using Excel or G Suite Products
- Strong knowledge of construction practices and sequencing
- Experience pulling permits and dealing with building officials
- Ability to prepare scopes of work, construction schedules and cost estimates
- Above average ability to communicate with others, both verbally and in writing
- Hands-on repair and maintenance abilities
- Ability to adapt to growth and changing business environments
- Strong employee management skills
- Intermediate computer skills and the ability to learn specialized software
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of the property management cycle
- Indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather conditions
- May sit or stand for several hours at a time; climb up and down stairs multiple times each day; and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must travel throughout the applicable geographic area more than 90% of the time.
Simplifyy is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected classification or status.